I love Sephora.
The way I feel about Sephora is the way Audrey Hepburn felt about Tiffany’s. Except I feel this way about Tiffany’s as well. (Arranged marriage at Tiffany’s?.)
Sephora is my happy place. Not exclusively, of course. I’m not insane. It’s just there’s something about walking into those pretty lights and having the best of the cosmetic world at my fingertips that makes me gleeful. For this reason it is very hard for me to go into this store and spend less than fifty dollars.
Thus, my collection continues to grow…
Now, not to undermine the beauty geniuses who are staffed at Sephora that might steer you toward other options– but I have some recommendations of my own. Clearly I don’t slather all of this on my face all at once. On a daily basis I only use a few things, that I highly recommend!
1. Make Up Forever Mat Velvet + Foundation… it actually repels water, like magic! And you can use very little and get great coverage! So if you’re going all Bad Girls Club for the evening, don’t worry, no matter how many drinks are thrown at you, your face will stay put!
2. There is a coral blush in one of the slides of that large palette in center of the above picture, which is just delightful. I adore it. Although it’s probably not justification for buying that whole shebang. So if you’re not that committed you’ll have to ask one of those sales associates how to get that blush on it’s own.
3. Urban Decay’s “Sin” eyeshadow. It’s a shimmery champagne color and, in my opinion, pretty much perfect for a daily go-to. You can get the shadow or the shadow primer in this color. The primer is more for if you’re doing multiple colors and don’t want them to bleed or disappear throughout the day. Options!
4. Sephora retractable waterproof eyeliner in glitter black. It also has a smudge spongey do-hickey at the other end, for when you’re feeling like a fancy smokey eye. Sometime’s it’s a bit thicker than I’d prefer, but it stays put and it’s very black. The product itself also lasts a long time. Bam. Raccoon eyes are just one purchase away!
5. LORAC Multiplex 3D Lashes. This is the best mascara, if you like big dramatic lashes… which I definitely do. It’s usually not appropriate to wear fake lashes, which is such a shame because they’re so much fun! This is the next best thing. (Givenchy mascara in phenomen’ black is also really good, but it’s more prone to smudging up your eyelids unless you use Urban Decay’s all nighter setting spray. Options!)
As for lip gloss, I’m still looking for something I love. What are your recommendations?